Sunday, March 14, 2010

What if you had to Give up one of Your Senses?

What if you had to give up one of your senses? What sense would you give up and why? I will start out with the fact that I would not want to give up any of my senses. I will also add that I would never give up my ability to see or hear. I know that many people are able to turn their lives into great lives without the ability to see or hear but I just don’t think I could do it. Especially sight. I am almost certain that I couldn’t make it without the ability to see. I’m already colorblind and that’s hard enough and already prevents me from doing many things that I would love to do. If I had to give up one of my senses I would give up my sense of smell. To me that is the most expendable sense. I mean I would miss it but at the same time would find it easier to part with than any of my other senses. I actually don’t even feel it would be that difficult to go with out the sense of smell. In some cases it would actually be beneficial to not have a sense of smell. How many times have you smelled some dog crap and completely grossed you out. Other than if your house was on fire or if you were an Indian tracker I cant think of a reason why smelling anything would be necessary. Its more of a luxury sense than a required one. And as everyone knows, luxury items are the first to go at all times. The only other sense that I can even think about loosing would be my sense of taste but as much as I love to eat that might just be the hardest to part with.

1 comment:

  1. Well, smell actually does affect how you can taste, so that might be problematic too. But, I agree, I think it would be the one I'd have to choose.

    ReplyDelete