Sunday, March 14, 2010

What if Marijuana was Legal?

If marijuana(which will be referred to as weed from this point on) was legal I can honestly say that I feel the world would be a better place. After that first sentence I already know that I have split up my audience into two groups. The ones that are completely with me and the ones that are completely against me. I am making my goal for this blog that by the end all readers are with me. For those of you who believe weed is only a negative then hear me out at least. When you hear stories about people smoking weed how many of them end tragically? I’m not talking about how many of them end badly because as of right now weed is illegal so everyone who uses it runs the risk of a run in with Johnny law. I am just talking about something tragic that happens due to weed. Of all my nineteen(coming up on twenty) years on this planet I have never heard of anyone dying because of the use of weed. Back to the point of weed making the world a happier place. Weed is already used to make the lives of cancer patients more enjoyable and it helps many patients suffering from a wide variety of other diseases. When someone smokes weed its like all their worries aren’t pilled on top of them anymore and they can actually breath a little bit and not stress out so much about things. This helps tremendously when people think that there is no way out. Weed helps people cope. It can also be used as a way to make friends. I mean nobody smokes weed alone. Now, you can say what you want about weed users but they are by far the happiest people I know.

1 comment:

  1. Other than moral factors that contribute to the debate of weed's legalization, the fact that it impairs people to a certain extinct would be on negative factor. It is hard to debate this because there is more pros to its argument. Legalizing it would also save money for taxpayers because we would not have to pay for the jails and prisons that people who have been arrested for weed possession and use live in.

    ReplyDelete