Sunday, March 14, 2010

If no one knew how to lie would the world be a better place? In my opinion, the world would be a much darker place if no one knew how to lie. I’m not saying that lies make the world better or brighter by any stretch of the imagination. All I am saying is that the world would be darker. For example, how many times have you thought something negative about someone and held it in? How many times have you believed one thing and told somebody something else simply because you didn’t want anybodies feelings hurt? Now, as you already know lies are not always to keep somebody from getting their feelings hurt. It is probable that the majority of lies are to excuse something. For example, a criminal lies about robbing someone or a murderer lies about killing someone. It is times like this that the ability of vocalizing false statements becomes a nuisance to society rather than a polite gesture. So how do you decide which world is better( with or without lies)? To me it comes down to the simple fact that you either want to live with the blunt truth one-hundred percent of the time. By blunt truth I mean just that. Everyone will be completely forward with everything, the good, the bad, and even the ugly. Or there is the option to live in an imperfect world where every now and then someone gets away with something and people are buffers between their thoughts about their perception of others. As for me I would prefer the imperfect world over the blunt truth. It makes life a little more fun. That’s my choice and its not for everyone but it suites me. So, in the words of Fleetwood Mac, tell me lies, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment